Minimize Your Risk.
Title Insurance protects the most important investment you’ll ever make – the investment in real estate. Without title insurance, your potential investment loss is enormous – often your life’s savings! Why risk it? A small fee for title insurance insures your real estate investment.
Common Myth. A Lender Policy protects the borrower. FALSE!
Lenders go to great lengths to minimize their risk in making mortgage loans such as to:
• Check your credit and your ability to repay loan
• Appraise the property for adequate value
• Obtain a Lender’s Title Policy to protect only the lender against loss due to title defects
What a Title Search Checks
We conduct a title search checking such things as:
• Public records for proper chain of title
• Existing mortgages
• Certified judgments
• Unpaid taxes, assessments and levies
But other issues may not be revealed:
• Easement(s) granted to a neighbor or utility company
• False impersonation of the true owner of the property
• Forged deeds, releases or wills
• Undisclosed or missing heirs
• Instruments executed under invalid or expired power of attorney
• Mistakes in recording legal documents
• Misinterpretations of wills
• Deeds by persons of unsound mind
• Liens for unpaid estate, inheritance, income or gift taxes
•Deeds by minors
• Deeds by persons supposedly single, but in fact married
What Else Does Title Insurance Do?
Title insurance protects you against all of the above. Plus, our agency also coordinates with the parties involved to handle your transaction. After the search and after resolving issues, we can then complete the title transfer, record the legal documents at courthouse, and issue your title insurance policy.
For a one-time premium, your owner’s title insurance policy:
• Remains in effect as long as the insured, or the insured’s heirs, retain an interest in the property
• Pays for defending against lawsuits attacking insured title by either clearing up title problems or paying the insured’s losses
• Provides coverage when you have obligations under a warranty in any sale of the property
An Owner Policy, issued simultaneously with a Lender Policy, is the best title insurance value a property owner can obtain.