Last month we related the need for a branding strategy. Once you’ve defined your brand, the question becomes how to get the word out about it.
• Get a great logo. Use the help of a graphic artist. It’s worth the expense to have your logo look professional and sharp because you’re going to place it everywhere!
• Write out your brand’s message. What is it that you want to tell the world about your brand?
• Incorporate your brand. What that means is that your brand dictates how you answer the phone, what you wear on sales calls (shirts with your logo), your e-mail signature. Absolutely everything!
• Develop a tagline that’s memorable, conveys your brand’s meaning and captures the soul of your brand. A tagline doesn’t necessarily mean “cute”. It must communicate meaning.
• Create templates and standards for your marketing materials using the same color scheme and logo placement to create a look and feel for your brand. Being consistent is the requirement.
• Design a “voice” for your brand. It needs to be used in all written communication and featured in all of your off-line and online marketing materials.
• Be true to your brand. Deliver on your promise. If you don’t, you are handing business and customers over to your competition. If you enjoy working hard while someone else reaps the rewards, then don’t deliver on your promise. It’s that simple.
• Finally, be consistent. This is the most important tip of all. Consistency builds confidence. When customers are confident, they will trust you.